October 28, 2008

After school today, my extracurricular activities practically commandeered my life. First, Academic Decathlon came my way. I had to make a brief 15-minute cameo and then had to rush off to debate practice. I had to remain chary of my time and was constantly glancing back and forth between the clock and the topic at hand. As if managing my time wasn't difficult enough, my debate partner was extremely hard to tolerate. Although she was my debate partner last year, she is acting like an ingenue. She claims that she doesn't remember anything from last year, and her efforts are not helpful at all. I'm hoping that eventually, something will imbue her to make a greater effort. After both of the practices were over, I went with my mother and uncle to buy my sister a new cell phone for her birthday. Although my sister and I are practically antipodes, I enjoy spoiling her with gifts on her birthday.

No comments: