December 8, 2008

Sick, Miserable, Lovely.

Unfortunately, this weekend was not a relaxing one. Starting on Friday night, I became very sick. My stomach was hurting me, and I had a fever of 102 degrees. For two days, I couldn't eat anything other than toast and ginger ale, which were supposed to allay the pain in my stomach. While cooped up in my bedroom, I could smell the scents of delicious food coming up from my kitchen and I became invidious of my family. In essence, they were deriding me by eating all sorts of delicacies that I was not allowed to enjoy. I felt like an anathema, especially since I wasn't allowed to leave my room for a full 36 hours. My mother gave me an indefinite moratorium on walking around the house. The next morning, I woke up feeling perfectly normal and healthy. I felt like a parvenu once I was finally allowed to consume food that wasn't a variation of plain bread.

No comments: